Saturday 8 January 2011

A good day on the river

I had a great day on the River Dart today, I am not what you would really call a river paddler, I feel a lot more comfortable on the sea. River paddling has always felt very much like being an insect in a bath with the plug having been pulled out. In fact rivers scare me a lot more than being at sea in a gale of wind. So why was today so good for me?
Well I got to paddle in the company of excellence...... Deb Pinniger was holding a white water safety and rescue course and I was lucky enough to be a part of it. It wasn't just the content of the course, or the way in which she delivered it, it was also being able to watch a truly skilled paddler perform within her element. Thank's for a great day Deb's, you are a star............Tomorrow I am setting off to paddle on another river, with another star, off to the 'Smoke' and the legend that is........Harry Whelan, a couple of days training with Harry and a visit to the London boat show :) I think the first pints on you mate!
Cheers for now
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment