Saturday 22 January 2011

Gaybo King

Nope, it’s not a reference to my sexuality, but my training is moving on. This kayak 'King' is made by Gaybo and is what I am using at the moment, the boat must be 20 years and is No13 off the mould.
John Willacy the designer of the Taran comes from a white water racing background, you can see this in the boat he has designed, Chris, myself and yes - OMG Jeff Allen, are all looking forward to putting through its paces.


Anyway, cross training (not a reference to anything other than paddling) in WW racers is like a relationship in many ways, Its difficult at the beast of times!  However the security of epic wings makes it more positive. I am out side of my comfort level wash hanging in the King but it makes training a bit more exciting.


Regards


Harry 'the one and only'  Whelan

No comments:

Post a Comment