Sunday 19 December 2010

Homegrown surf and the Taran

I couldn't believe it when I received a text from Roz this morning (Simon's girlfriend) to say that she had repaired a hole in my wetsuit and that the surf at our local beach, Swanpool was looking good. There's nothing better than a bit of homegrown surf rather than having to travel far. So this gave me the perfect opportunity to grab the Taran and get out for a wee ride or two.


It was bitterly cold so I didn't stay in for long, but long enough to say that I was very pleased with the boat, I wanted to try the rudder out as well but the first wave that dumped on me managed to jam the blade so I didn't get to use it at all. I was not so pleased with using the wings in the surf, I should have taken my Lendal's, still we live and learn, that's why we carry spares, it wasn't that they let me down in any way, I think I was just on sensory overload, new boat, different paddle and chunky surf, which is unusual for Swanpool but we had a strong easterly wind blow in over night, but by the time I arrived at the beach it had switched off shore and was now holding the faces up nicely. I hope to get some video edited and a link up soon so you can take a look for yourselves. Happy Christmas guys, hope you all have a good one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment